RMS and open letter

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:58:37 GMT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:52 PM Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> With the dot-org hat on, I wish the Open Letter had a little bit more of a dot-org focus instead of focusing on the individual.
>
> What the current controversy highlights is that FSF board changes occur without an election and without significant transparency.[1]
>
> This is not KDE e.V.'s organizational setup, and it's also not the setup we would like to see in an organization that aims to centrally represent Free Software. It's also likely that the current and other situations would have been prevented by a healthier, more participatory board setup.
>
> I think the discussion of where to take the FSF (or representation for Free Software communities in general) next is what matters beyond the current moment in time. This is worth thinking about in the coming days, and also discussing with our partner dot-orgs.

So much this!
asking to remove rms because he had toxic behaviors is really a
strawman argument and completely misses the point.
RMS *is* unfit for that position, yes.
He *did* say horrible horrible things, yes.

but the question is: why didn't he have to run for election (and such,
probably lose) in order to enter the board again?

--
Marco Martin