RMS and open letter

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:53:52 GMT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:27 PM Jos van den Oever <jos at vandenoever.info> wrote:
> "I think it is strange that, on the one hand, the tech world has been
> advocating for the rights of neurodivergent people – society should accept
> that people on the autism spectrum are different and that’s OK. But at the
> same time RMS has been attacked for some statements very probably stemming
> from his autism that, while they may seem a bit shocking and at odds with the
> mainstream, were not illegal or intentionally offensive."

very much this! (wether or not he says being on the spectrum doesn't
say much about his condition)

and i don't really have anything against RMS per se...
the real problem here is what Eike says:
his reinstatement should have happened after an actual election, is
the inner workings and transparency of FSF that's the problem

That open letter however completely misses the point, is at least as
toxic as any of the most unfortunate statements by rms and is
something that i would never ever want to see my name in the
signatures.

If anything it should ask and pressure for an open process for the
election of a new board, in which RMS or anybody else is free to put
forward their candidacy, and either get elected or rejected by the
election process

--
Marco Martin