RMS and open letter

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 03:02:28 GMT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:

> Hello all,
> like you probably heard already RMS was reinstatement to the
> Board of Directors of the Free Software Foundation. RMS has
> always been a negative force to the Free Software movement due
> to his toxic behavior. There is an open letter asking for his
> and the current board FSF resignation available at
> https://rms-open-letter.github.io/.
>
> It was already signed by many other Free Software contributors
> from many organizations (GNOME, OSI, Apache, ...) and it would be
> a good idea for some us to sign it too.
>
> This can be done by either sending a email digitalautonomy at riseup.net
> or by submitting a pull request at
> https://github.com/rms-open-letter/rms-open-letter.github.io/pulls.
>
> Regards,
> Carl Schwan
> https://carlschwan.eu

Thanks, Carl. I would like to point out that Carl posted his suggestion to
the individual people on this list. He did not propose that the KDE e.V.
officially take a stand.

If you agree with Carl that RMS should not be able to slink back onto the
Board of the FSF and that action by the FSF is bad for Free Software, then
his email tells you how to register your concern.

If you disagree, you need take no action. RMS is now back on the FSF Board,
and none of us know how or why that happened.

I'm unsure why there is outrage in offering people a choice?

Valorie < pro-Free Software; against supporting pedophilia and pedophiles

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her