Prototype Fund

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Tue Mar 23 20:51:46 GMT 2021

On dinsdag 23 maart 2021 20:23:29 CET Paul Brown wrote:
> On martes, 23 de marzo de 2021 15:43:09 (CET) Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > On maandag 22 maart 2021 22:56:33 CET cahfofpai at tuta.io wrote:
> > > Dear KDE community,
> > >
> > > for those of you living in Germany: 9 days are left for applying at the
> > > Prototype Fund (https://prototypefund.de <https://prototypefund.de/>).
> > >
> > > The Prototype Fund is a funding program to support the development of
> > > open
> > > source software, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and
> > > Research. Maybe some of KDE's projects fit within the scope of the
> > > program.
> >
> > And 8 days for applying for this round of NLnet funding at NGI0.
> >
> >    https://nlnet.nl/news/2021/20210201-call.html
> >
> > Many KDE applications fall within the scope of the NGI grants.
>
> I have read the description, but still have a question: Is this open to all
> projects, regardless of the location of the developers? Or only for the EU?

Changes of getting accepted are highest if the proposer is in the EU, UK or
associated states. Some percentage of very good projects from outside EC are
accepted as well if NLnet can argue that they benefit EU extraordinarilly.

Single persons, organizations or combinations can apply. What counts most is
how much the internet improves by doing the proposed project. And it has to
fit within the scope of the fund. Search and discovery fund e.g. has quite a
few semantic web and activitypub projects, but also distributed indexing
solutions.  The Assure fund is about how to communicate on the internet more
trustworthy and secure. So very wide as well.

https://nlnet.nl/discovery/faq/
https://nlnet.nl/assure/faq/

⤳Jos