Linux App Summit CfP

Allyson Alexandrou allyson.alexandrou at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 09:18:23 GMT 2021

Linux APP Summit (LAS) 2021 Call for Participation is Now Open
We are pleased to announce the call for participation for LAS 2021 is now open.
We are seeking both 40 minute and 10 min prerecorded lightening talks.

We encourage you to submit a talk by March 15 2021 on the event page: https://linuxappsummit.org/cfp/ <https://linuxappsummit.org/cfp/>

The Linux App Summit (LAS) will take place virtually May 13 - 15, 2021 and  is designed to accelerate the growth of the Linux application ecosystem by bringing together everyone involved in creating a great Linux application user experience. We are seeking talks on a range of topics including but not limited to:

ECOSYSTEM GROWTH - How can we ensure continued growth for the Linux app ecosystem? Are there areas of opportunity we should explore? How can we build sustainability into our ecosystem? How do you keep your users engaged?

PLATFORM DIVERSITY- Are you working on a technology that enables cross-platform distribution? Do you have ideas for how we can enable platform diversity? How should we evolve to reach your users?

INNOVATION- What does the Linux app ecosystem need to get to the top? What are we missing? Are there new technologies we should be embracing?

PEOPLE & COMMUNICATIONS - How can we make sure companies find their niche in the ecosystem? How can we help communities work together to create and support end-user apps? How can we keep people around in the long-run?

LEGAL AND LICENSING -What kind of open source business models exist through licensing? What are the latest issues related to licensing that our community should be aware of?

Additional updates about LAS 2021 can be found on the event website (https://linuxappsummit.org/ <https://linuxappsummit.org/>) <https://linuxappsummit.org/)> and on our social media channels. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact us at sponsors at linuxappsummit.org.