The Qt Company is looking for a Community Manager

Till Adam till.adam at kdab.com
Mon Mar 8 12:51:57 GMT 2021

Hi,

that position surely has been sorely missed for years now. Whether it
will make a difference is entirely dependent on the level of empowerment
that person will get to actually make change. If it turns out to be
limited to politely listening to the complaints of the community,
promising to bring up the issues internally and then returning with sad
eyes and an apology that unfortunately management does not agree, we
have gained nothing. Historically, that is what the role was in
practice, despite the great intentions and hard work of those trying
their best to fill the role. I would not recommend anyone from our
community take on that job unless that will change fundamentally. It
would merely be a fig leaf that can be pointed to as a sign of
willingness to take the community seriously. I'm happy to be proven
wrong, though.

Cheers,

Till