How a worm showed us the way to open science

Luis Falcon falcon at gnuhealth.org
Sun Feb 14 13:35:29 GMT 2021

Dear Valorie
On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 18:36:27 -0800
Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been reading a timeline of progress on "Milestones in Genomic
> Sequencing." It's part of the celebration of the anniversary of the
> Human Genome Project. One of the short videos that is part of that
> timeline (at
> https://www.nature.com/immersive/d42859-020-00099-0/index.html) is
> this one about the development of open science. I think you will find
> it interesting, when you think back to the growth of the KDE
> community and our codebase:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwcYQ9WHOA&ab_channel=naturevideo

Thank you so much for sharing these great documents.

I love Dr. Bob Waterston sentence "Science is a community effort and we
have to give this data back to the community".

We have achieved great steps towards open science, but there is still
a long way to go, so let's keep up the fight.

All the best,
Luis

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc