Telemetry questions

Christophe Giboudeaux christophe at krop.fr
Sun Nov 8 16:30:11 GMT 2020

Hello,

Our users have read a couple reddit threads or worse, a website used to spread
<censored> stuff about kuserfeedback.

Pointing them to the telemetry policy will probably not be reassuring as I
also can't find answers to a couple questions:

- The telemetry policy says: « applications honor system-wide telemetry
settings where they exist (global "kill switch") »

Is it documented? How can a system administrator prevent users from turning
telemetry on?

- The policy also says « KDE only releases products capable of acquiring
telemetry data if compliance with these rules has been established by a public
review on [kde-core-devel|kde-community]@kde.org from at least two reviewers.
»

My archives may be incomplete but I can't find the reviews for plasma, KMail,
akregator, SieveEditor, kaddressbook, korganizer and ruqola which are listed
on https://community.kde.org/Telemetry_Use

Where are these?

Thanks.
Christophe