Upcoming changes to uploading to files.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 23:41:35 GMT 2020

Hi all,

This message is intended for those who have access to 'Milonia' for
uploading files to files.kde.org. Everyone else can ignore this email.

Recently sysadmin has been preparing a replacement system to Milonia, which
we have now essentially completed.

You should be able to access this using the same SSH keys and usernames as
normal, at the new hostname of deino.kde.org. The only exception to this is
'cdn' accounts, which have been merged with the normal account for that
project (kdenlivecdn into kdenlive for instance)

It should be noted that as part of improving the security of our overall
infrastructure and reducing unnecessary access, we have restricted accounts
on Deino to only allow access via rsync and sftp.

It would be appreciated if those with access could please test their access
and confirm that they're both able to access the system and upload files as
normal.

Should anyone have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin