Announcing MyKDE

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Sat Oct 3 16:30:10 BST 2020

Le samedi, octobre 3, 2020 12:10 PM, Shinjo Park <kde at peremen.name> a écrit :

> Just my 2 cents, on the 2FA registration page I wish there should be tools
> other than Google Authenticator listed. Not only tools for other platform
> (e.g. Plasma Mobile - do we have one? Sailfish, iOS, ...) but also F/OSS in
> Android. At least there is Aegis [1] on F-Droid which seems to be an actively
> developed free replacement of Google Authenticator.
>
> [1] https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.beemdevelopment.aegis/

Mentioning Google Authenticator was done by the django 2fa plugin we use. I
now overwrote the template (https://invent.kde.org/websites/my-kde-org/-/blob/master/templates/two_factor/core/setup.html)
and mention andOTP (the 2fa tool I used on Android from F-Droid) now too.

I didn't want to do that at the beginning because it means more code to
maintain and I'm already hesitating of reverting overwriting the template :(

I guess this needs a bit more discussion so I opened this invent task:
https://invent.kde.org/websites/my-kde-org/-/issues/17 to brainstorm this.

Cheers,
Carl