Announcing MyKDE

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Sat Oct 3 16:19:03 BST 2020

Am 03.10.2020 um 16:01 schrieb Elvis Angelaccio:
> Thanks Carl and everyone who was involved :)
>
> On 03/10/20 14:56, Raghavendra Kamath wrote:
>> Hi Shinjo,
>>
>> On Saturday, 3 October, 2020 3:40:16 PM IST Shinjo Park wrote:
>>> Just my 2 cents, on the 2FA registration page I wish there should be tools
>>> other than Google Authenticator listed. Not only tools for other platform
>>> (e.g. Plasma Mobile - do we have one? Sailfish, iOS, ...) but also F/OSS in
>>> Android. At least there is Aegis [1] on F-Droid which seems to be an
>>> actively developed free replacement of Google Authenticator.
>> I used  Andotp [1] and it worked. It is Free software and is available in
>> fdroid for android devices.
> FreeOTP works as well: https://freeotp.github.io/

...and can be installed from google play or f-droid.

Extra fun: install the pam module for 2fa, and a network manager
dispatcher hook that can DISable it's use when you're in your "home" LAN
(I use the MAC address of the default gateway for that).

Or in other words: my laptop does 2FA for logins, but not when I'm home.

Cheers

Mathias

--

Mathias Homann
Mathias.Homann at openSUSE.org
Jabber (XMPP): lemmy at tuxonline.tech
IRC: [Lemmy] on freenode and ircnet (bouncer active)
telegram: https://telegram.me/lemmy98
keybase: https://keybase.io/lemmy
gpg key fingerprint: 8029 2240 F4DD 7776 E7D2 C042 6B8E 029E 13F2 C102