Feedback on new feature: energy performance settings

John Salatas jsalatas at ictpro.gr
Wed Aug 12 18:52:24 BST 2020

On 2020-08-12 09:11, Harald Sitter wrote:

> What kind of input are you looking for exactly? Just whether it also
> is useful on AMD and ARM?
>
> HS

Apparently, in older generations of intel cpus (ie those that use thw
generic cpufreq driver and not the intel_pstate) the various governor
values make not much difference. my question is if the governor values
make difference for other arm or amd. An amd user mentioned yesterday
that in his case (AMD Ryzen 5 2500U) the powersave governor makes a
difference (reportedly 1 hour more battery life compared with ondemand
or schedutil).

It would be good to have a confirmation from more users, before deciding
whether we will expose the governor settings in the GUI or not.