reddit r_KDE uses KDE logo in LGBT colors

sabayon11 sabayon11 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:13:34 BST 2020

I have a question:
Is it legal for reddit moderators of r_KDE to use KDE logo in LGBT
colors. Is it consistent with logo license?

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/

Is it in line with KDE code of conduct - to support certain groups
that are politically active and be selective in this choice? For
example: why they don't support women rights in middle-east region?
Who have the right to decide?

Do you realize that it can stop certain people from funding KDE? Of
course on the other hand it can make others, like George Soros to fund
but does KDE really want to go in that direction and engage in such
politics. Pretending that it has nothing to do with politics is a pure
lie.

What other KDE contributors think about it? For example: do all KDE
funders support engaging software community in non-software activity?

I know that reddit is separate website and has nothing to do with this
forum, however this is social and community issue as well.

What about adding to KDE code of conduct: KDE is not engage in social
or political dispute. KDE doesn't discriminate nor support any groups
other than Free Software.

Personally I believe there are thousands of other better places on the
Internet to express whatever point of view someone has and KDE and its
community should not be involved in such activities.

It is now off. But this doesn't change the meaning of this action.
My first message about it to this list was on 3rd of July but has not
been accepted by moderators yet, so I had to subscribe.