Some Nice Things

Aniqa Khokhar aniqa.khokhar at kde.org
Fri Jun 26 08:48:41 BST 2020

Hello KDE Community,

It is so easy to feel down when you read negative feedback from the users. But it is important to remember that, on the whole, more people are happy with your work than angry at it. It may not seem like it when you read snarky comments on Reddit or listen to rants from disgruntled YouTubers, but we all know that most of the people will not say they are happy with something. They will just get on with it–whatever "it" maybe.

What follows are the exceptions to that rule, the posts from people who were so happy, they could not contain themselves and had to go to the trouble of saying nice ​things on social media.

Enjoy.

Aniqa Khokhar

Marketing Consultant

--------------------

The best decision. Plasma has become a beast, the best desktop by far, extremely configurable and very low requirements of resources, and more modular than ever!

-- Cristian Ramos, commenting on the news that Ubuntu Studio would be migrating to Plasma

https://www.muylinux.com/2020/05/05/ubuntu-studio-kde-plasma/#comment-4902146921

--------------------

Running Manjaro KDE 20 over a week, can't see myself going [back] to Windows 10 again, this is simply the best DE I've ever tried. Thank you for your hard work!

-- Amit Matok, on Twitter

https://twitter.com/AmitMatok/status/1258693921452036097

--------------------

So much usability in this and none of the lock down, privacy problems, ownership or advertising.

-- Adam Dymitruk, commenting on the feature that allows uploading images to Imgur

https://twitter.com/adymitruk/status/1258679151948521472

--------------------

Holy moly this is super duper nice. Just tried it. Damn.

-- Archiver_test4, commenting on the feature that allows uploading images to Imgur

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/gfpa0u/kde_tip_uploading_images_to_the_web_made_easy/fpv2jy9/

--------------------

KDE Connect is insane. I didn't believe it when I saw a demonstration. But now I use it all the time. One of the coolest projects out there.

--Jasper, commenting on KDE Connect's ability to run random commands

https://twitter.com/root27_/status/1261494741109268480

--------------------

KDE Connect is such a great piece of software. It always makes me smile, when it does its thing.

--tcberner, commenting on KDE Connect's ability to run random commands

https://twitter.com/tcberner/status/1261314053810589698

--------------------

Hi, I just wanted to say I’m really impressed with the pace at which the entire KDE team has been making all your software better over the last few years. It’s truly stunning to see such quality and attention to detail from free software. In particular, Krita and the Plasma desktop have made it possible for me to give up macOS entirely, and I’m so thankful for that.

-- Vy-let on Mastodon

https://masto.vy-let.software/@vy/104354928829179946

You know that feeling of rage when Windows updates try to force themselves onto your computer? KDE is like the exact opposite of that. My first reaction is "updates? nice!"

-- pizzystrizzy on Twitter, commenting on the news of the release of Plasma 5.19.2

https://twitter.com/pizzystrizzy/status/1276295386060201991

I love Konqi ❤️

-- Konqi on Mastodon, not sure of a manifestation of love towards KDE's mascot or expressing self-appreciation. Either way, nice sentiment.

https://mastodon.social/@Konqi/104362219081855636