Showing respect (was: Re: The KDEPIM / Akonadi situation)

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Fri Jun 12 17:36:55 BST 2020

Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2020, 15:45:29 CEST schrieb Kevin Ottens:

Hello Kevin,

> Incidentally it's been the top discussion topics for the past few KDEPIM
> sprints. And also during BoFs at Akademy. I even think there's been
> discussions about that on the pim list and IRC channels.

that is great to hear! Sounds like it is a rather long-term / time consuming
process, therefore:

do you think there could be something KDE could do to help?
As in: would more attention (which a goal would likely achieve) help?
Would (sponsored) sprints help? Developers? Money?
Or do we just need to be more patient?

I'm just afraid that we might indeed lose people or whole distributions to
other products if the frustration level is too high, I know mine occasionally
is and I do try out other products, too.

> Regards.

Kind regards,

Christian