Beginner-friendly projects

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Fri May 29 16:54:29 BST 2020

Hello,

https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved says:

    "Beginner-friendly projects

     Here are some beginner-friendly projects with
     a variety of opportunities to contribute:

     * Elisa, a KDE music player
     * Krita, a KDE digital painting suite
     * KDE Connect, a tool to connect and integrate your mobile device
    "

Does this list make any sense? If the list should express the idea that
developers of these projects welcome newcomers, does it mean that our
other projects are not? If the list is supposed to state that the source
code is easy to understand for beginners, shouldn't we add much simpler
projects, such as KDE games, utilities, or simple QtQuick widgets?

Right now, I would suggest to just remove this section. Someone who is
really new to coding seems misguided.

--
Christoph Feck