auto-comment on bugzilla when making an MR?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed May 20 16:44:41 BST 2020

Nate Graham ha scritto:
> On 5/20/20 6:50 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> On woensdag 20 mei 2020 14:33:42 CEST Filipe Saraiva wrote:
>>> I like the idea, but I hope in future we use Gitlab issues as our tool
>>> for bug management. :)
>>
>> This has been discussed to death before... The plan is to use the issues to
>> replace phabricator's tasks, not bugzilla.
>
> I'm pretty sure that migrating from Bugzilla to GitLab Issues will happen
> eventually. GitLab Issues has a radically better UI for bug reporting and its
> improved integration with the rest of GitLab will be a really nice thing to
> have. Centralizing everything in GitLab would bring real benefits
It's all about the right level of integration.

> Speaking as an extensive bug triager, if it does indeed represent a downgrade
> in terms of organization and workflow, then we will engage with the GitLab
> people to get the issues fixed. They are pretty responsive, and it's better
> than using a dead, unmaintained version of a stagnant product.

This process will require time for sure, and some of the changes may not be
applied at all as not in line with the general way the system works (and also
the our internal changes to support it).

In the meantime, having the MR published in a bugzilla comment, and any other
integration mechanism, is surely welcome.

--
Luigi