auto-comment on bugzilla when making an MR?

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed May 20 11:13:18 BST 2020

Salut!

Does anyone think it'd be a worthwhile investment to have some piece
of tech automatically comment on bug reports when someone posts an MR
on invent?

I pretty much never bother posting comments with the MR but at the
same time I know that at least the Plasma team decided to actively use
the Assigned state for bugs.
So I was thinking that it'd perhaps make sense to have automatism in
place that makes sure MRs get referenced in their related bug report
and that the bug is switched into assigned state since it is clearly
being worked on.
Should the MR fall by the wayside for whatever reason a future dev who
happens upon the bug report can at least look up the MR and move it
forward. And using the Assigned state in general seems smart to
prevent multiple people from working on the same thing.

Thoughts?

HS