Gitlab Merge Request Approvals - Assistance Needed

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 18 23:14:10 BST 2020

El dissabte, 11 d’abril de 2020, a les 11:22:17 CEST, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Good morning community,
>
> As you'll all be aware, KDE is currently in the process of migrating
> to Gitlab. As part of that process, several features that were only
> part of the paid version of Gitlab were identified as being necessary
> for our workflows.
>
> For one of these, Merge Request Approvals, approval has been granted
> for a move of this feature from the paid version to the open source
> version of Gitlab. This move is subject to the limitation that the
> open source version be limited to optional approvals only, with
> mandatory approvals remaining a paid only feature. Given that the KDE
> Community conducts development on the basis that "everyone can push to
> everywhere" this is more than suitable for our purposes and matches
> what we have currently with Phabricator.
>
> More details on this can be found at the upstream task -
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/27426
>
> The only catch with this (which is where the community here comes in)
> is that they don't have the developer time to arrange for the
> necessary code changes for this change to be put through.
>
> Is anyone in our (wider) community interested and able to work on this?

Was this ever picked up?

Looking at the issue there's some talk but i'd say no.

Should we try to reach the wider FLOSS community?

After all Gitlab CE is used not only by us but also by the wider FLOSS community so some others may step up?

Cheers,
  Albert