Help wanted

Kåre Särs kare.sars at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 14 11:20:05 BST 2020

Hello,

On Monday, 13 April 2020 17.09.12 EEST Rustem Husnutdinov wrote:
> Hello. I found lines of code(77-79)
> <https://phabricator.kde.org/source/libksane/browse/master/src/ksanefinddevi
> cesthread.cpp$77> in KSane Library repository. According to the comment I
> found that your team faced the same problem as me(some backends are not
> refreshing device list). I opened the issue
> <https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/274> in the sane
> project's repository. May you provide me your experience about the
> problem or add it as a comment in issue
> <https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/274>. It would be
> really helpful for me and my project.

The problem is that it has to be fixed in the individual backends for all the
effected backends. It is nothing that can be easily fixed in one go.

Unfortunately this comment probably does not help your current situation, but
I would not expect a quick fix for the situation. The quickest way would
probably be to actually take a look at the backends that are of most
importance to your project and provide patches.

In the gitlab issue you mentioned that closing and re-calling init causes
another similar bug.... I think a last resort could be to dynamically unload/
load the library in stead of linking at compile time...

Regards,
  Kåre