Update on Status of Gitlab Migration

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:00:46 BST 2020

El 11 abr. 2020, a la(s) 08:31, Johan Ouwerkerk <jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com> escribió:

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>> Should anyone have any questions on the above, please let us know.
>
> Does the migration also mean that `git.kde.org` push URL will be
> retired and would need to be remapped to `invent.kde.org`?
>
> In that case, it would be good to have a grace period after the
> initial migration to Gitlab so kdesrc-build (etc.) could be updated
> before the cut off date to perform this migration automatically for
> the user. I expect such a grace period would not need to last very
> long because the feature would be trivial to implement.

How would it work during the "grace period"? Keeping an outdated read-only mirror on the old URL? I have done some research into redirecting or remapping from the old URL to the new one so we can keep it working for a longer period of time, and it's harder than it seems... It can be done but I need to be convinced that it's actually necessary / worth the effort.

--
Nicolás
KDE Sysadmin Team