Update on Status of Gitlab Migration

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Apr 11 19:38:49 BST 2020

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:31 PM Johan Ouwerkerk <jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > Should anyone have any questions on the above, please let us know.
> >

> Does the migration also mean that `git.kde.org` push URL will be
> retired and would need to be remapped to `invent.kde.org`?

Yes, the hostname git.kde.org will be fully retired as part of this transition.

>From my understanding kdesrc-build will automatically pick this up
once we update sysadmin/repo-metadata to show the new repository
paths.
This is something we'll confirm with mpyne though to ensure we can
make the cutover as smooth as possible.

Depending on how things look we may also make available a script that
will update the configuration of a repository to reflect both the
change in hostname as well as the change in path.

> In that case, it would be good to have a grace period after the
> initial migration to Gitlab so kdesrc-build (etc.) could be updated
> before the cut off date to perform this migration automatically for
> the user. I expect such a grace period would not need to last very
> long because the feature would be trivial to implement.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Johan

Cheers,
Ben