Qt, Open Source and corona

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 15:06:05 BST 2020

On donderdag 9 april 2020 15:29:22 CEST Noah Davis wrote:
> I've seen a lot of people on Reddit and various chat rooms who are a
> fan of Kt as a name.

I'd advise against this discussion at this point, it doesn't belong here, it's
a topic that can quickly explode, lead to bike-shedding and distracts from the
very serious topic of "what is a good strategy to move forward in this
situation?".

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I certainly didn't want to start such a discussion, just answer a question
that tries to draw a line between "what is the part of Qt that can be taken
into a fork, and what is not?", the trademark (just like infrastructure and
quite a few other things) are owned by Qt, not freely licensed and thus
outside of the scope of a fork (so would require investing resources to
replace).
--
sebas

    http://vizZzion.org