New planet KDE

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Thu Mar 12 14:19:26 GMT 2020

Hello everyone,

A new version of planet.kde.org is now available. From a technical point of view,
this is a migration form the rawdog planet agregator to the pluto engine and also
reuse the Jekyll theme used in various other KDE website.

The new Planet offers a bigger selection of language and more languages can be easily
added if needed. Each language also has a specific atom.xml feed: e.g.
https://planet.kde.org/ca/atom.xml/, so it's possible to follow only post in one
specific language.

Another improvement of the new version is that it's easier to read on a mobile
phone, since the videos and iframes shouldn't get larger than the screen width anymore.

A huge thanks for Ben for his help in deploying the new website and to Stasiek Michalski
for his work on planet-test.opensuse.org and helping me adapting his work for KDE.

The repository is now available in invent: https://invent.kde.org/websites/planet-kde-org
with updated instructions how to add your feed to the Planet and how to setup
a developement environment.

Regards,
Carl

PS: There are still tons of blog not using https. It's very easy to setup let's encrypt
nowadays for free, so I really recommand you to spend the 10 minutes to set it up and
then update your feed url in the planet configuration.