Tuxedo and reliability (Re: New kde.org/hardware webpage)

Vinzenz Vietzke vinz at vinzv.de
Wed Jan 29 12:45:31 GMT 2020

Hi,

> 2. What comes on these PC-s? Vendor-specific GNU/Linux distributions?
>
> It seemed to be a normal OpenSUSE installation (you can choose between a few
> distros, that's nice).

Exactly. What we do with all our pre-installations is this scheme:

Minimal distribution setup + desktop pattern/metapackage + additional drivers
needed for the machines.

We try to stick with upstream as much as possible to avoid any vendor lock-in
for our customers.

If there are any questions or if you need further help please go ahead!

Cheers,
vinz.