Please don't make planet.kde.org into a politics feed

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Thu Dec 5 11:52:36 GMT 2019

Dear Community,

I'm 100% sure this topic came up in the past due to the same blog, but I can't
find it on the mailing list, so I assume it happened on forums or chat:

currently the top blog post on planet.kde.org is about voting for a specific
political party. I understand that in these times there are many countries
with heated and important political debates, and some very important global
topics as well. However, these already occupy all the news site.
Now if every blog appearing on the planet would target a political subject
that is very important to the blogger, planet.kde.org would be yet another
political news/opinions feed.

If I want politics, I go to one of these. If I want to read about KDE, I go to
planet.kde.org.

Please dear bloggers: there are categories, and you can choose which of your
blogs do show up on the planet. I know that some topics are very important to
you and obviously you are free to blog about them, but please keep the
planet.kde.org feed free of it, so it doesn't become a mess where it's hard to
find the content people actually go there for.

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian