Issues (Re: KDE e.V. Community Report for 2018 available)

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 16:11:07 GMT 2019

Thanks Paul,

Le 2019-11-29 à 12:22, Paul Brown a écrit :
> On viernes, 29 de noviembre de 2019 13:39:26 (CET) Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>> Le 2019-11-27 à 14:05, Aleix Pol a écrit :
>>> Dear KDE community,
>>> Some of you already saw it at Akademy, but we wanted to make sure that
>>> you were all aware of all the great things we did last year 2018
>>>
>>> https://ev.kde.org/reports/ev-2018/
>> Thank you Aleix and everyone involved in producing this report, which is
>> more extensive than any of this kind I've seen from an open source project.
>>
>> What are the proper ways to report issues in this report (or on
>> ev.kde.org in general)? https://ev.kde.org/contact.php mentions "sending
>> email to kde-ev-board at kde.org <mailto:kde-ev-board at kde.org>", but is it
>> possible to determine if an issue was already reported there?
> If you find issues with the report (inaccuracies, spelling mistakes, etc.), can
> you post them here?

There is some information I would like to see in the report which is not
there, though I don't know if that can be suggested for a template for
future years. But the main issues I noticed are the following:

  * The lack of production or/and publication dates
  * The "Streamline the onboarding of new contributors" section links to
    https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kde-welcome:kde.org
    I was not expecting that a "KDE Welcome team" link in an
    organization's yearly report would point to some instant messaging
    channel, but if that's intentional, I am not sure it was intended to
    link to a "welcome" channel which can't even be consulted without an
    account. If it's really intentional to link to that channel in its
    current state, it would surely be less misleading to have that link
    labelled "a discussion channel created by the new team" or something
    like that.
  * The "Financial working group" section is unclear about the year(s)
    covered. It seems to cover 2018, but also 2017. If it covers both,
    the paragraph in the 2017 Financial Data section is extremely
    confusing at best.

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com