Save .org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Nov 27 09:44:47 GMT 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:05 PM Johannes Zarl-Zierl
<johannes at zarl-zierl.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apparently, Public Interest Registry (the registry for the .org TLD) is about
> to be sold to a private equity firm:
>
> https://savedotorg.org/
>
> To be honest I'm not sure how much this affects the KDE community as a .org
> domain holder, but I'd like to give it some visibility here and maybe have
> some discussion on whether KDE should support this open letter...

For those wondering, we do have quite the number of .org domains under
our ownership, or connected with the community in some form or
another.
You can find a list of those at https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/dns.git/tree/zones

By my count, that is 36 domains (the majority of which are owned by
the KDE e.V., with a handful owned by community members)

> Cheers,
>   Johannes

Regards,
Ben