Gitlab Update

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Nov 24 09:49:33 GMT 2019

Hi all,

This afternoon we completed the move of Gitlab from it's initial
server (which was for the evaluation) to the production server that
will hopefully serve us well for many years to come. As part of this
we also upgraded it from Gitlab 12.3 to 12.5.

Should anyone notice any problems, please let us know.

As part of the move we also enabled support for Incoming Email on our
Gitlab instance.

This means that tasks and merge requests can now be created by sending
emails to certain addresses (which are available from the Gitlab web
interface), and discussions on Gitlab can now be replied to by email
as well.

See https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/creating_merge_requests.html#create-new-merge-requests-by-email
and https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issues/managing_issues.html#new-issue-via-email
for more information on these features.

Please note that the addresses are specific to you and allow anyone
with them to perform actions as if they were you, so it is important
that they are not disclosed to anyone else.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin