Sysadmin Load Reduction: Code Related Services

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 16 09:39:47 GMT 2019

El dissabte, 16 de novembre de 2019, a les 10:14:15 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 3:58 PM Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > пт, 15 нояб. 2019 г. в 22:05, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:

> > > The API that Harald mentions is based off the YAML files, and is not
> > > reliant on the legacy kde_projects.xml file.
> >
> > I can implement kde_projects.xml or a modernized version of it as part
> > of projects.kde.org/api/. Does this sound like a good idea?
> >
> > We don't need to support the exact same XML format, so I would prefer
> > a JSON listing all projects with all their properties, at something
> > like GET https://projects.kde.org/api/v1/export or may be return all
> > project properties in GET https://projects.kde.org/api/v1/projects
>
> I'll leave it to Harald to comment on whether he'd be happy having
> additional capabilities in the Projects Microservice API he maintains.
> (Harald, I assume it's only requirement is a copy of the
> sysadmin/repo-metadata repository locally, and it doesn't require the
> actual Git repositories?)
>
> We really should avoid continuing to keep legacy endpoints alive
> though (as it is just shifting the maintenance effort of porting away
> from it further down the road), especially for something that is going
> to end up on end user systems.

Wait, are you saying we shouldn't be using that endpoint to solve our dependency on kde_projects.xml on scripty either?

I just asked Adrián to have a look at it, since it seemed easier than having to worry about downloading and keeping an up to date copy of another repo.

Cheers,
  Albert