Sysadmin Load Reduction: Code Related Services

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:27:23 GMT 2019

пт, 15 нояб. 2019 г. в 15:46, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org>:

> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 11:37 PM Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > сб, 9 нояб. 2019 г. в 02:51, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:
> > > In the category of no longer in use, we have the compatibility
> > > generator for the kde_projects.xml file. This was introduced when we
> > > shutdown Redmine/Chiliproject and migrated to Phabricator, as a way of
> > > keeping services that needed to discover a list of KDE Projects
> > > functional.
> > >
> > > As we've since migrated to using YAML files within the
> > > sysadmin/repo-metadata repository for both the CI System and
> > > kdesrc-build (and with LXR using kdesrc-build to do it's code
> > > checkouts) there shouldn't to my knowledge be anything still relying
> > > on this (aside from perhaps scripty).
> > >
> > > I'd therefore like to shut this generator down as well, along with the
> > > compaibility redirector running at projects.kde.org (given that it has
> > > been some time since we were using that site, and many projects have
> > > moved around in the virtual structure since then, making the redirects
> > > it is able to offer useless)
> >
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > I am developing a new version of the "opensrc" plugin for Lokalize [1]
> > and it currently depends on kde_projects.xml. Of course I can add new
> > code to scan the Git repo instead of just fetching kde_projects.xml,
> > however it would be more complicated.
>
> https://projects.kde.org/api/doc/ specifically deals with this problem
> by abstracting the repo away behind a micro service.

This looks like another view of the data available in
kde_projects.xml, however the API is very limited. For example I can't
query repo descriptions using this API. Thus not helpful.

However if we were going to kill kde_projects.xml, are you sure
projects.kde.org/api/ would be still available and not shut down as
well?

--
Alexander Potashev