Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 23:01:19 GMT 2019

On 11/10/19 8:09 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Most of translators are not so technical as the developers. And even
> developers can shoot them in the foot with git, I see many issues coming from
> unwanted merges.

That's why I would expect that non-technical translators would be able
to use a nice GUI app that abstracts away all the technical details,
including the backend SCM. Doesn't Lokalize do this?

FWIW, GitLab offers a web editor so in the worst case scenario where
translators have to directly interact with git, that could be used
instead of command line tools that make it easy for git novices to shoot
themselves in the foot.

Nate