Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 20:22:16 GMT 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:37 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El dissabte, 9 de novembre de 2019, a les 19:27:07 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:

> > > Will there be any web interface for SVN after shutdown of WebSVN?
> > >
> > > Can we assume https://phabricator.kde.org/source/svn/ remains
> > > available during the next 10 years?
> > >

> > Phabricator's browser will be retired as part of the shutdown of
> > Phabricator, which will take place once Gitlab has assumed
> > responsibility for code hosting and review, and the tasks have been
> > migrated from Phabricator.
> >
> > Should WebSVN be shutdown as well, then there would be no web
> > interface to our SVN repository.
>
> That's not acceptable.

Mind explaining why?

Bear in mind that there is a cost both in terms of infrastructure, and
people time to maintain a service such as WebSVN.
This includes having to maintain a mirror of the repository on the
machine that runs WebSVN, along with the associated infrastructure for
allowing that mirroring to happen on the master server.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Regards,
Ben