Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 18:27:07 GMT 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:18 AM Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:

> сб, 9 нояб. 2019 г. в 03:20, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:
> > This would include the shutdown of WebSVN in particular, which when
> > coupled with the shutdown of our two CGit instances would also allow
> > for us to eliminate an entire virtual machine from our systems.
>
> Will there be any web interface for SVN after shutdown of WebSVN?
>
> Can we assume https://phabricator.kde.org/source/svn/ remains
> available during the next 10 years?

Phabricator's browser will be retired as part of the shutdown of
Phabricator, which will take place once Gitlab has assumed
responsibility for code hosting and review, and the tasks have been
migrated from Phabricator.

Should WebSVN be shutdown as well, then there would be no web
interface to our SVN repository.

> I'm not sure what use case Luigi has in mind, but among Russian l10n
> team we often use WebSVN to refer to specific SVN revisions, for
> example: https://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1555342
>
> --
> Alexander Potashev

Regards,