FSF leadership

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Thu Sep 19 08:54:00 BST 2019

Hi,

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 04:59:09 CEST Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Accordingly, I would like us (the KDE Community) to advise them to
> diversify their Board, as RedHat has done here:

I am against diversifying for diversifying's sake. It's something that is
already way too prevalent in today's society. Let's please pick the best
person for the job, regardless of race, gender, or whatever, and let's
especially *not* write letters to others recommending them to do otherwise.

Picking people with the argument of diversity achieves the exact opposite of
what you want: it leads to people which are *worse* at their job than the
competitors being selected for it. Thus doing this systematically gives an
actual, real reason for prejudice against "people with $property in
$position".

Greetings,
Sven