vote invitation sent out for goal voting

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Aug 23 02:13:22 BST 2019

Hi all,

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 00:18, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:

Any particular reason I got this survey request twice? That gives me
technically two votes, so there might be something wrong, especially if I
am not the only one who got this twice.

Also: it says we have to choose at least 10 items (out of 11), then you
can't conclude without actually selecting all of them. What kind of vote is
that if I can't just ignore some of them? Why not actually making a
Condorcet ballot to ensure it has some real meaning?

So much for the technical side of that vote, but:

This might be my Swiss side, but I am not really happy with this kind of
"voting". Who chose the questions? Why not making a ballot for the
questions first?

I have seen simple mails from Lydia and Neophytos about setting new goals
with links to blogs I had already read on the Planet, reading diagonally
and actually missing the participation link, but we were not reminded to
take this more seriously and participate actively, especially since the
last time we set ourselves some goals we didn't exactly reach them to say
the least. Last time all KDE project mailing lists were asked to
participate, did I miss some mails? With busy schedules on all active
projects, community list only mails are not necessarily high priority for
many.

I for myself have pushed the re-reading of all this since June, and
suddenly it's August and we are supposed to decide about something that has
only just started, and this in a period of the year where we are either
extremely busy or already on a holiday (might vary in other regions).

I am pretty sure that many simply have not been aware about this, and
judging from Bouds reaction he is as surprised as I am about the goal set.

Regards, Myriam
Protect your freedom and support the work of the FSFE:
http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org/>