Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Fri Jul 5 04:21:38 BST 2019

Elv1313 . kirjoitti 5.7.2019 klo 1.59:
>> I have no idea what you mean with PR<-->Issues integration problem.
>
> The things other people mentioned (close issues when PRs are merged,
> links with context on hover, etc) Plus, "in the future", maybe
> improvements like being able to turn an issue in a pull request when a
> patch is merged. Plus, as mentionned, an unified pipeline from
> creating an issue to releasing a solution with proper metadata
> tracking and APIs along the way.

We have had this sort of integration in LibreOffice (TDF) Bugzilla since
the early 2010s as far as I know. BZ report numbers get linkified on our
gerrit patch review and our various git web interfaces. Reports get
automatic comments and whiteboard items upon commits. Changing the state
to RESOLVED does not happen automatically, but that is because of very
good reasons: some issues might take multiple commits/patches. Some easy
hacks might stay alive for dozens of commits.

Bugzilla has had powerful APIs since forever and they are clearly
wanting to keep improving them. Quoting from the BZ 7 UX roadmap:

Integrations

Bugzilla GraphQL API v1
GitHub integration
   Webhook support: Automatically attach pull request links and close
bugs without a 3rd party bot

Regarding logins, if you visit https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ you will
notice it supports logging in with a GitHub account.

Single sign-on should be doable in any case, even if BZ would not offer
support for a specific service out of the box.

The topic of managing low-quality or duplicate reports came up again. I
think I mentioned this earlier in some other thread, but it bears
repeating Mozilla is actively developing a tool to help with this and
other bug management tasks: https://github.com/mozilla/bugbug

See "duplicate - The aim of this classifier is to detect duplicate bugs"
etc.

Ilmari