Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Thu Jul 4 17:20:09 BST 2019

Hi,

On 7/4/19 5:43 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't see any way this is going to end well. KDE
> projects should not use the gitlab issues feature for bug reports.
> Use of the issues feature should be reserved for replacing the
> phabricator tasks functionality. KDE should continue to use
> bugzilla.

I don't currently use the KDE tracker much, but I have to agree Boud and
Christoph here. We currently use the Gitlab tracker at work, for a quite
small project, and it doesn't even really scale to that. I think for a
free-time kind of project one person does with 200 users and 15 issues
reported over 2 years it's fine, but to me that seems to be the use case
it targets.

Two bugtracking systems are also a bad idea; a lot of reports are
assigned to the wrong project, because the user (or any utility) often
cannot know what the correct component is. Also, often one wants to
search for e.g. parts of a trace across projects, or similar things.

Best,
Sven