Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Thu Jul 4 13:18:55 BST 2019

On 04.07.2019 13:41, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> So, what gitlab issues have over bugzilla is a rich text editor and a
> confidentiality flag. What bugzilla has over gitlab issues is
> reasonable solid set of features that help actually tracking and
> managing the bug report. It's not that I'm a huge bugzilla fan, it
> could be much better, but I need those features.

Bugzilla 6 supports Markdown in comments and automatic inline display of
attachments such as images and text files (it will skip long text
files). Note that what will be BZ 6 is live at
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ - the big work during the past couple of
years has been harmonising Mozilla's custom version and upstream BZ.

Re: confidentiality flag - BZ has supported private reports for a long
time. Don't ask me how they work as I've never had to set those up.
Also, https://www.bugzilla.org/features/#private
"If you are in the "insider group," you can mark certain attachments and
comments as private, and then they will be invisible to users who are
not in the insider group."

Ilmari