Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Jul 3 21:45:53 BST 2019

On 7/3/19 9:05 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt ha scritto:

>>> I would tend to agree, and having two is super confusing.
>>
>> But are they the same things? I need both user reports and developer tasks/projects. The only task-like system github offers is the issues system, isn't it?
>
> Yes, but my point is that gitlab issues have been used also for bugs so far.

It seems like we all agree on the problem (different KDE projects using
different tools for bug reporting by users), but not on your proposed
solution (disabling issues in GitLab completely) since that would affect
our use of GitLab Issues for internal issue / task tracking.

So, proposed alternative solution: We make sure that all projects that
want a public-facing bug tracker have a product on bugzilla, and that
they communicate that as the only bug tracker to users for the time being.

Then we can still use GitLab Issues for internal purposes.

And evaluating whether we want to switch over to GitLab Issues for
public-facing bug tracking eventually would be an independent discussion.

Would that work?

Cheers,
Thomas