Anonymous contributions

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Fri Apr 12 21:18:56 BST 2019

Hi,

On 2019-04-12 21:43, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2019-04-12, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:
>> Pseudonyms don't jive with that for me. Someone not entrusting me with
>> their real name feels regressive vs. our current community standards.
>> It's a bit uncomfortable.
>
> I have kind of the same feeling. Though real name doesn't have to be
> legal name.
the question is: don't the trust "us" or the world?
If you ever meet them in real-life at some conference, it could be
completely different.

Because I use my real/legal name for my work on KDE, the company I work
for got some weeks ago some
ugly "misuse..." complaint because some other company thinks I named an
Phabricator task inappropriate.
(name clash)

And because they could easily track me back to my work place with
trivial searching, they went there with their
complaints. I can see that some people want to avoid such hassle. In
some companies that could spell serious trouble.

Greetings
Christoph

--
https://cullmann.io | https://kate-editor.org