KDE Connect got removed from Google Play

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Tue Mar 19 10:31:57 GMT 2019

Hey,

very recently KDE Connect got removed from Google Play due to a policy
violation. That policy restricts the use of the SMS permission, which we use
for SMS synchronization with the desktop. The app is back up now, with the SMS
features removed. Google allows apps to apply for an exception (the exception
list explicitly allows cross-device sync as a use case). We applied for an
exception months ago and did not receive an answer until recently and got
denied without further explanation or chance of talking to a human. KDE has
been affiliated with Google in various occasions (e.g. GSoC). I'm wondering if
there is a chance we could leverage the existing contacts to Google to at
least get the chance to talk to a human being and discuss the issue?

Cheers

Nico