KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 18 09:38:50 GMT 2019

On maandag 18 maart 2019 07:16:11 CET Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Il giorno Sun, 17 Mar 2019 23:25:01 +0100
> Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> ha scritto:
>
> > Matrix is right now more than 2 hours behind for #kde-devel making it
> > totally useless.
>
> I don't see this big of a delay in large traffic channels like #plasma. The worst
> I've seen is a handful of seconds in both directions (but I didn't time
> it).

I see hours of delay as well in #krita, #kde-promo, #kde-devel -- all busy channels. It's worse than useless at the moment; it's actively cutting up the KDE community and making it impossible to communicate. Heck, I had to resort to email to get in touch with people last week because they would't read what I had written for an hour and a half.

> To be fair, I run my own server which is federated with whatever KDE
> uses, so I'm not sure if that is why.

Probably -- but that's not an option for everyone.

> Either way, not "totally useless".

I'm sure people are working hard on fixing things up, but right now webchat.kde.org just does not work. If I look in at the Krita channel on webchat.kde.org, the last message is from 23:01 yesterday.

--
https://www.krita.org