KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 28 12:13:32 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 03:06:22PM -0800, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Hey Jon, I hope that the CWG response was not dismissive, and you were
> certainly not ignored. We always listen and try to help when possible. If you
> didn't feel at the very least listened to, we failed there.
>
> You are one of the most stalwart and longest-serving volunteers, so when you
> are unhappy and angry, I don't think anyone is happy about that. That doesn't
> mean that all of us see your list above as an accurate statement.

Thanks :)

In over a decade of helping promo in KDE it was always the case that
someone could come in and show willingness and competance and be given
access to the accounts needed to be a full member.  When I left the
team in 2017 and came back in 2018 this had changed and I was told I
could not get access to accounts, a decision which seems to have been
taken by the e.v. board.  We fixed this after Akademy 2018 with a
formal policy.  Will the CWG now look into why this change happened
against the norms everywhere else in KDE?

Jonathan