kde.modular.im: "I am at least 16 years old. "

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 20 21:56:37 GMT 2019

On woensdag 20 februari 2019 11:22:16 CET Eike Hein wrote:

> On 2/20/19 7:14 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Maybe the text could be changed to "You're over 16 or have parental permission" ?
>
> Matthew @ Matrix says since it's our own server the legal responsibility
> can pass on to us, and it's possible to set any age threshold we want.
>
> So we can do it; it's now a question of whether we want to, and what is
> wise.

Now I have had time to do a bit of reflection, there's a more general problem:

* Matrix now logs #krita on freenode (well, it has been doing so for quite some time, since the first bridge user appeared)
* We have always tried to make sure #krita has no permanent logs; we don't want that.
* Permanent logs need a GDPR whatever
* If you join #krita through an irc interface, for instance, through krita.org... Your stuff is logged, and there is no triplicate set of incomprehensible documents to agree with
* But, your utterances are still logged

I'm not too sure about all of this, but I feel rather disquietened.

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org