KDE at FOSDEM 2019

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 6 19:41:34 GMT 2019

On woensdag 6 februari 2019 19:55:44 CET Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> KDE at FOSDEM 2019
>
> I organised the stall and evening meal at FOSDEM for KDE again this year.
>
> Stall:
> 1 table again in building K, about as wide as stretching your arms out
> sideways but we extended it with boxes.  Nice table cloth. Nice back
> drop using Come Home to KDE in 2019 design.  Nice monitor from Kenny
> C. Most stuff I drove from Scotland and back.

What really helped me survive doing booth duty was the triangular setup with
two roll-ups we had with nextcloud; it provided a small space hidden from the
masses where I could take a breath before jumping back into the fray. That
little bit of breathing space was _so_ valuable.

I handed out more than two dozen tote bags, fifty art books, more small
stickers and more laptop stickers than I counted and met half a dozen people
who had never heard of KDE or Krita and were really interested. No negative
people at all, this year, and a good discussion with some gnome people on how
it would be nice to prepare a common set of demo data.

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org