Licensing policy change proposal

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jan 29 08:24:49 GMT 2019

> The Unsplash license looks like a FOSS license to me.

It is a non-free licence which we can not use. 'This license does not
include the right to compile photos from Unsplash to replicate a
similar or competing service.'

> The CC0 and other public domain licenses bring in complexity without a clear benefit.

CC0 is a declaration not a licence and we really can't stop including
works in the public domain, as others have said it includes many
elements of what we ship including other works people have declared as
public domain, UI elements and APIs and indeed the complete works of
Shakespeare if we so wished.

Jonathan