GSoC org application time

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:24:37 GMT 2019

Hi all, I've started our application.

The deadline for applications: February 6, 2019 at 12:00 (PST).

By the deadline, we need to have an absolutely *splendid* Ideas page (1).
Before the deadline, I'll remove all the placeholders such as teams with no
Ideas listed, or ideas with no mentors listed. Teams which have
participated in the past but are empty still: KDE Partition
Manager, Kopete, Choqok, Peruse, KGpg, KWin, Plasma, WikiToLearn, KDevelop
and Xdg-desktop-portal-kde.

So far, I'm the only admin listed. Anyone game to help administer this
year? It works well when we have a team, so that any of us can have an
off-week (or week off) sometimes. There are two aspects to being an org
admin: working with mentors, and working with students. "Paperwork" is a
very small part of the job.

The mentor work is all about helping mentors and their teams work well with
their student. Some need coaching on communication, poking to do their
evaluations, etc.

The student work in the beginning is coaching students in getting involved,
creating their devel environment, helping them craft their proposals and
get linked into the teams, and so forth. Later, it will be helping them
through the tough spots, especially when their mentors aren't being
helpful, or even helping withdraw gracefully.

We need at least one more admin, and can have up to five. Please write to
KDE-Soc-management at kde.org (not me personally please!) about your interest.

All the best,

Valorie

--