Upcoming Service Downtime

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 09:58:05 GMT 2019

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:36 AM Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes
<frederico at teia.bio.br> wrote:

> Hi Ben and others,

Hi Frederico,

(Adding sysadmin@ to the CC list as this relates to infrastructure)

> Em Sat, 12 Jan 2019 10:17:43 +1300
> Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> escreveu:
>
> > As it may take several hours to perform these migrations, we are
> > asking people to please let us know when they are planning to do
> > things for the next month or so to allow us to schedule the migrations
> > accordingly. Each migration will be done separately in turn (this
> > won't be an all at once exercise).
> >
> > The affected services include:
> > - All CMS sites (dot.kde.org, krita.org, akademy.kde.org,
> > Should anyone have any questions regarding this, please let us know.
>
> I'm from KDE Brasil and we made some tests migrating our site
> (br.kde.org) from Drupal to WordPress. Since you're planing to make
> this server migration, I would like to know:
>
> 1- Is it possible to use WordPress as a CMS on the new structure?

We will be hosting a number of Wordpress instances on the new setup
(and already do on the current platform) so there will be no
restriction in this regard.

> 2- If so, what do we need to do implement it?

Once you have everything ready on your side to get the migration
underway, filing a Sysadmin ticket is the first point of call for
changes like this.

> Thanks and regards,

Cheers,
Ben