Coming to FOSS-North?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jan 10 11:35:45 GMT 2019

Hi all,

Since it's the beginning of the year, let's plan out some events! At the
beginning of april there's FOSS-North, in the beautiful [1] city of
Gothenburg. Last year KDE had a booth at the conference, and I gave a talk on
KDE governance. This year, we can have -- if we plan something -- a community
day for hacking, and then the conference too. Conference site [2] and my
bloggy bits from last year [3] are online.

A community day would be a great opportunity to bring KDE / Qt people from the
nordic bits of the world together -- as well as anyone else who's in the
neighbourhood.

Please ping me if you're going to be nearby, or might be. A community day
could include, say, work on CMake frameworks (I know I've seen a lot of ugly
stuff recently), or doing some VDG-style work on bits and pieces, or straight
up C++-hacking-with-modern-Qt-slots which needs a little practice with modern
C++ methods.

[ade]

[1] It's an industrial port, but *also* has lovely parks and a huge hipster
population, and there's an amazing selection of vegan and vegetarian
restaurants.

[2] http://foss-north.se/2019/

[3] https://euroquis.nl/bobulate/?p=1848